Boppin' With Beth (syndicated show)

Welsh rock band Badfinger is the "focus beam" artist on this week's Boppin' With Beth. Hear about their career including their early days as The Iveys plus 2 rockin' tracks from their discography. There's songs from some of their influences (particularly band member Joey Molland) including Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, The Beatles, Buddy Holly, The Yardbirds, Todd Rundgren and a solo track from Joey Molland. There's a new request segment called "Play That Song" and we hear a special request for a Freddie King tune by Jim Suhler (from George Thorogood & The Destroyers, Monkey Beat and Texas Scratch). I've got a song from The Hi-Risers in Hang Ten. There's also tunes from The Smithereens and a Badfinger cover by Phil Keaggy as well. Hear episode HERE:

https://boppinwithbeth.blogspot.com/2024/07/badfinger-focus-beam-on-boppin-with.html

English synth-pop band The Human League is the "focus beam" artist on this week's Boppin' With Beth. Hear about their history and a couple of tunes from their discography. There's songs from some of their influences including Kraftwerk, Roxy Music, Ultravox, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, King Crimson, Donna Summer and David Bowie. "Play That Song" segment returns with a special request for Teenage Head by Mark Malibu of Mark Malibu & The Wasagas. I've got a rocker from Hipbone Slim AKA Sir Bald in Hang Ten and a track from Philip Oakey & Giorgio Moroder closes the show! Hear episode HERE:

https://boppinwithbeth.blogspot.com/2024/08/the-human-league-focus-beam-on-boppin.html

American Southern rock band The Georgia Satellites are the "focus beam" band on this new episode of Boppin' With Beth! You'll hear about their story as well as a couple of rockers from their catalog! There's also tunes from band members past and present by Dan Baird solo and The Western Sizzlers plus songs from influences including Chuck Berry, Creedence Clearwater Revival, NRBQ, Bruce Springsteen, Ramones, The Rolling Stones and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Beth's Bop Of The Week is a new tune from our Kentucky pals Otis! I have a classic from The Centurians in Hang Ten. Another group of Kentucky friends (and a band that's shared the stage with The Georgia Satellites before) close out the show, The Kentucky Headhunters! Tune in and keep your hands to yourself! Hear episode HERE:

https://boppinwithbeth.blogspot.com/2024/08/the-georgia-satellites-focus-beam-on.html

British-American rock/pop band The Power Station is the "focus beam" artist on this episode of Boppin' With Beth. Hear about this supergroup along with a couple of tunes from their 2 albums. There's songs from members of the group (studio and touring) including Robert Palmer, The Alan Bown Set, Duran Duran, Icehouse, Neurotic Outsiders, Andy Taylor, Chic and a NEW cover tune from Michael Des Barres! Beth's Bop Of The Week is the latest from Pangaea! I've got a rocker from The Bradipos IV in Hang Ten and there's a new instrumental from our pals Dave Del Monte & The Cross County Boys in the outro! Hear episode HERE: