Steam rate ?

DJD

Hi, if I wanted to up my streaming rate to 192kbps from 128kbps would the 128kbps media files on my auto dj still play ?

Hi DJD,

Yes they would still play. But we would recommend encoding of all your media files to now be at the same bitrate (192kbps) as we do not have any on the fly re-encoding in place for the AutoDJ feature. As you may or may not be aware, any inconsistency's in bitrates can cause some playback issues on some players (mostly flash players) on the file change overs.

Also, if you are upping your stream quality to 192kbps but your files are still at 128kbps, they will still play at the same quality of 128kbps regardless.

Hope this helps :)

Ahh ok but most of my files are actually uploaded to auto dj at 320kbps but broadcast at 128kbps is that going to cause problems on listeners flash players?

Ok we see. Well yes, ideally they should all be at the same bitrate as configured for your servers streaming bitrate.

So does that mean I need to remove all 8 and a half hours of music on auto dj and upload it again at the bit rate that the station is broadcasting at ?

Well you are not obliged to remove them. But we would to keep the consistency and to prevent any possible playback issues.

Also, if you re-uploaded these files at 192kbps rather than at 320kbps you are gaining back "almost" half of your storage capacity to add even more files.