Nicecast- Shoutcast - Traktor - Mac - Pioneer DJM 850 not playing nicely!

crem brule

Can any one shed any light on this for me please?

I am trying to find a work around to enable me to broadcast from a Mac running Traktor with an external mixer using a Shoutcast stream. I have tried both BUTT and Nicecast but in both situations I can only hear one channel, there is no sound on the stream from the second channel at all. However the master out from the mixer to my monitors is fine.

In Nicecast I have the source set as the DJM850 because if I set it to Application (Traktor) I do not seem to broadcast any sound at all.

When I broadcast directly from Traktor into an Icecast stream I have no problems whatso ever.

my set up is as follows
2012 MBP
running Traktor SP2
DJM 850k (built in soundcard) as external mixer
2x CDJ 900s

Anybody come across this issue?

thanks in advance

Hi crem brule,

Have you checked over all of the "Input / Output Routing" settings under the Traktor preferences? You may only have one of the channels set correctly on either the input or output. With the "Mixing Mode" settings, we presume that you have this set to "External"?

Its probably worth checking over all of those settings and referring to the Traktor manual for configuring this for use with your Pioneer mixer. It sounds like perhaps one of the channels routing is just misconfigured in your settings. We do not think its the Nicecast "Source" settings that are causing it as such. Although it could be that, you say this is happening with BUTT as well which makes us think its the outputs config.

The Native Instruments guys are really helpful over at their support forums with helping users configure such kind of set ups: TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO | NI Support Forum